Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Flow of the Psalms just Flows into My Soul

The Flow of the Psalms
O. Palmer Roberston




Book Summary: For centuries the book of Psalms has been read as a random collection of poems with no intentional arrangement. But is this a correct understanding? O. Palmer Robertson equips us to see a clear redemptive-historical progression that develops across the five books of Psalms. With the aid of charts in full color, he demonstrates how an intentional structure is indicated by elements such as the placement of acrostic psalms, strategic couplings of Messianic psalms with Torah psalms, and the grouping of psalms by topics. If you love the psalms, Robertson will give you a better grasp of the whole Psalter and a deeper appreciation of each individual poem.

Review: I loved this book. Much of it was over my head at times and yet O. Palmer has a gift at bringing so much to a chapter and paragraph that there is something for everyone. He lays out the books within the Psalms. He masterfully weaves the entire Bible through the Psalms that it is another breathtaking view of Who Redeems the lost. I thrill at a book that brings scripture to scripture. He explains the Psalms in such a way that I am thrilled when other parts of the Bible intertwine in a book. This was a refreshing book.
I would like to thank Net Galley and P & R Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment