Saturday, September 26, 2015

November Brides Saving the Best for Last!!

November Bride
Beth K. Vogt




Book Summary: Can a decades-long friendship marred by two romantic missteps ever lead to happily ever after? Sadie McAllister’s clients know how lucky they are to have her: an ultra-fastidious personal chef who leaves behind a spotless kitchen and a week’s worth of mouth-watering meals. Erik Davis, her best friend since middle school, is content to enjoy Sadie’s culinary skills too while maintaining their “friends only” status. Most of his energy is focused on his just-launched freelance business and casual dates that never come close to a commitment. But when Sadie is offered a once-in-a-lifetime cooking job across country, Erik realizes maybe he’s taken his best friend for granted.  Even more, he’s about to lose his only chance for lasting love. How can Erik convince Sadie that the well-known adage “Marry your best friend” just might apply to them? With God’s help, can they both move past their assumptions about each other and their future? Should Sadie and Erik risk taking their relationship to the romantic point of no return? If they do, their decades-long friendship is as a good as done . . . unless it ends at the altar.  

Review: I did not start out liking this book. I continued on thinking ‘I will see where it goes’ and than like a bolt of lightning it did not go the way I thought it would. It has a solid Christian message of forgiveness that is not preachy and great life to the story overall. For a novella it packs a lot! I really found this to be a sparkling end to the series. I am going to say the last ones were the best. The thing that turned me off in the beginning was when Sadie asks Erik to marry her. I am not that kind of person. I do not like bossy woman characters and that seemed the way this story was going, when suddenly that was a minor history portion and the characters had depth and were broken people in a fallen world.
I would like to thank Net Galley and Zondervan Fiction for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment