Friday, July 12, 2013

A Must Read!!!!

Shattered
Dani





Book Summary A Thrilling New Romantic Suspense from the Genre's Newest Star

Piper McKenna couldn't be more thrilled that her prodigal brother, Reef, has returned to Yancey, Alaska, after five years. But her happiness is short-lived when Reef appears at her house covered in blood. A fellow snowboarder has been killed--but despite the evidence, Reef swears he's innocent. And Piper believes him.

Deputy Landon Grainger loves the McKennas like family, but he's also sworn to find the truth. Piper is frustrated with his need for facts over faith, but he knows those closest to you have the power to deceive you the most. With his sheriff pushing for a quick conviction, some unexpected leads complicate the investigation, and pursuing the truth may mean risking Landon's career.

With Piper waging her own search, the two head deep into Canada's rugged backcountry--and unexpected complications. Not only does their long friendship seem to be turning into something more, but this dangerous case is becoming deadlier with each step.

Review: Part 1 - I am half way through this book. I was hooked at about the 3rd page!!! My brain is going a mile a minute to figure out the ‘who and whys’ of this mystery!! This is just the right amount of intensity and mystery. I also like the characters! Landon is fantastic and you just want to root for him in every way. I like Piper more and more as the story goes along, but she seems very young at times and naive about things at times yet other times she is on the mark. Reef is the perfect dupe for the murder and headstrong which makes him great. Had some difficulty with Kayden, because she can be one who doubts everyone around her and unrealistic about life in her environment (very believable because not every character is picture perfect). Really looking forward to reading Darcy's story!! Liked her immediately and the fact that they think she is some small time ski journalist is great. The background story of Gage and Meredith is great (although it may have been mentioned in the previous book which I have not read) and tantalizing when the next book comes out more answers and probable questions will keep me hooked! I agree with the fanfare I hear about Dani Pettrey this is one well written book! More to come when I finish!

The Final outcome!! The last half did not disappoint! I was on the edge of my seat with the travel, the waiting and the extra events with all the background characters. I have seldom read a book where there were so many characters that really were building blocks to the background and keep me entertained at the same time. I loved it. I really liked the ‘dead ends’ and other type of redirects it was fabulous. I hung on every word not wanting to miss a thing!
I would like to thank Library Thing and Bethany House Publishers for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.


Please forgive the reprint on some of this I just had to post my initial thoughts at the start and wanted to reprint to make it in one place!

No comments:

Post a Comment