Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Healer's Touch was Enjoyable

The Healer’s Touch
Lori Copeland




Book Summary: Lyric Bolton doesn't ask for much--just friendship and acceptance from her rural Missouri community. But her family is regarded with suspicion and fear because of her mother's sickness--a sickness of the mind that grows worse by the day. Lyric is resigned to a life of isolation and doesn't see any way out...but that's before Ian Cawley bolts into her life on a runaway stallion. As she opens her heart to Ian, Lyric dares to imagine a different life. But what will happen when he discovers the secret she holds closest of all?

Review: I forgot how much I love reading Lori Copeland’s books until I started this one. I was hooked right away and read 75% of the book in one day. I will not wait this long to read another book of hers. I loved her vivid description and could picture the mountains of Missouri and the Bolton Holler easily. The characters were well written and likable. Lyric and Ian were easy to like and root for. I found Lyric to loosen up a bit after tending to Ian. The only thing I was not enthralled with was the light. It did not add to the story and seemed to weigh it down at times - with Katherine and Levi. Overall a fast paced story that kept me interested all the way to the end.

I would like to thank Net Galley and Harvest House Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment