Thursday, July 10, 2014

Death Takes a Ride and it was a Wild Ride!!

Death Takes a Ride
Lorena McCourtney




Book Summary: Cate Kinkaid arrives at H&B Classic Auto Restorations to give a friend a ride. But, as usual, trouble finds Kate even there--this time in the form of one dead man, one wounded man, and what appears to be a pretty obvious case of self-defense. Owner Matt Halliday wants to hire her, but not for this case. Instead, Cate is charged with finding a man who owns a particular motorcycle Matt would like to buy. As her search progresses, she begins to suspect that the shooting in Matt's office may not have been as cut-and-dried as it appeared.

Review: I loved this book! It is a great series and at the same time a standalone book. Easy to read and a brisk storyline make for a suspenseful mystery! I did figure out the who and the why but it was so much fun to see it all come together that I could not put it down. I loved Cate and Mitch - they make a great team. I am hopeful for more stories but if this was the last in the series I can see them working together to track down hackers and other suspects. This was my first book of the series and I can not wait to read the other ones. I was predisposed to like this series when I started it because of Ms. McCourtney’s other books but to me this book was culmination of series she wrote. The suspects were realistic and memorable. Well written overall and believable. This PI was what you would really expect - rote work, occasional excitement and stumbling on things no one wants to be part of. These are all the elements wonderfully blended to make the story seamlessly written. Candy, Lily, Andy, Matt and Shirley were realistic people caught up in life. I really liked the parts with Candy and Cate together. They made a funny duo, it is the humor of these things that were tastefully blended throughout the story that made the entire book five stars!


I would like to thank Net Galley and Revell for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment