Wednesday, January 1, 2014

An Engrossing Mystery

Not By Sight

Kathy Herman




Book Summary: The first in a new series from suspense author Kathy Herman. Set in the beautiful Ozark Mountains. Her Sister Couldn’t Be Alive … Could She? It had to be Riley Jo. She was certain. . .wasn’t she? But when Abby Cummings tells her mother she thought she saw her sister at the store, her mother quickly dismisses the idea. After all, Riley Jo and their father had been missing for years. Presumably dead. Yet Abby cannot ignore her intuition. Telling her friend J. D., they investigate. But J. D. may know more about the disappearance than he’s telling, or even realizes. And as they work to uncover what happened, all they have to go on is blind faith. Will it be enough . . . especially considering what the truth might be?

Review: I found this book to be very exciting. The characters were believable along with the story line. I liked the theme and the twists and turns throughout the book. It was a tragic story from the start. I liked how Abby had a nose to the grindstone mentality to finding her family. She was quick thinking for the most part and was a very determined young woman. I do not normally read stories where the main character is under 20. But this mystery was gripping and the development of the entire area, people and storyline was enough to draw me in deeply.
I would like to thank Net Galley and David C Cook for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment