Monday, January 20, 2014

A Clown Did It Made It A Must Read

Truth Stained Lies
Terri Blackstock




Book Summary: When truth doesn't make sense, will lies prevail? Cathy Cramer is a former lawyer and investigative blogger who writes commentary on high-profile homicides. When she finds a threatening note warning her that she's about to experience the same kind of judgment and speculation that she dishes out in her blog, Cathy writes it off as mischief . . . until her brother's wife is murdered and all the 'facts' point to him. The killer has staged the crime to make the truth too far-fetched to believe. Working to solve the murder and clear her brother's name, Cathy and her two sisters, Holly and Juliet, moonlight as part-time private investigators. Juliet, a stay-at-home mom of two boys, and Holly, a scattered ne'er-do-well who drives a taxi, put aside their fear to hunt down the real killer. Stakes rise when their brother's grieving five-year-old son is kidnapped. As police focus on the wrong set of clues, the three sisters and their battered detective friend are the only hope for solving this bizarre crime, saving the child, and freeing their brother.


Review: I really enjoyed this opening series. I liked that it was so clever of a plot - A clown shot Jay’s wife. Truly a twisted twist and immediately made this a must read. I liked all of the siblings and can not wait for the next book. The book did not really over use any of the new characters. I found that the mystery did not take up too much of the book and yet it was fast paced and the mystery filled my head with who did it. The only thing that I did not understand is the connection between the murderer and why he wrote to Cathy….. Overall a must read for me and a quick paced mystery.
I would like to thank Net Galley and Zondervan for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment