Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This was a great start to a new series

False Pretenses
Kathy Herman





Zoe Broussard loves the life she and her husband Pierce have built in her beloved Louisiana hometown-especially their popular brasserie Zoe B's, to which folks drive all the way from Lafayette for lunch or dinner. It seems like heaven.

            But it's about to become hell. A series of anonymous notes is making her life a misery-because Zoe has a secret so terrible it could leave the business in shambles and tear her marriage apart. Can she find the courage to face her past?

            The first in a new series from Kathy Herman, False Pretenses is a gripping suspense novel that leaves a lasting impression about honesty and accountability.

This was an enjoyable mystery that kept me on my toes waiting for the other shoe to drop. I found the 4 main characters at the start to be confusing at the start I found it a great story builder and increased the pace of the book. Zoe, while having done something extremely wrong was an interesting twist on the main character. It was great to have a character remind me that the grace of Christ can cover and prompts us to love the lost not their sin. It was an ongoing theme of the book. I am looking forward to reading the other books in this series.

I would like to thank Net Galley and David C. Cook Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment