Thursday, August 4, 2016

Annabel Lee was Exhilarating!!!

Annabel Lee (Coffey & Hill Book #1)
Mike Nappa


Summary: Fourteen miles east of Peachtree, Alabama, a secret is hidden. That secret's name is Annabel Lee Truckson, and even she doesn't know why her mysterious uncle has stowed her deep underground in a military-style bunker. He's left her with a few German words, a barely-controlled guard dog, and a single command: "Don't open that door for anybody, you got it? Not even me.” Above ground, a former Army sniper called The Mute and an enigmatic "Dr. Smith" know about the girl. As the race begins to find her, the tension builds. Who wants to set her free? Why does the other want to keep her captive forever? Who will reach her first? Private investigators Trudi Coffey and Samuel Hill need to piece together the clues and stay alive long enough to retrieve the girl--before it's too late. With its stunning writing and relentless pace, Annabel Lee will captivate readers from the first page.


Review: Saw this book at Lifeway and I really wanted to read it, but I could not get it that day. For a great deal on Amazon I got the ebook. Less than a week later here we are. I stayed up late to read a portion of it! I was hooked! Well written, with enough hints I had ideas about what was a shadowy mystery. The only problem was a stupid mistake that Trudi made and I could not believe she did it!!!!! That bugged me! But it helped bring about the climax. I was holding my breath and I still wish that some things did not happen. However, I realize that had they not happened the majority of the book would have been unnecessary. It was a fast and furious ride for the most part and I enjoyed every minute of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment