Saturday, June 25, 2016

And It was Beautiful!!

And It was Beautiful
Kara Tippetts
Book Summary: “I was here. I saw beauty. I embraced it.”—Kara Tippetts. How do you live out extravagant love in the everyday moments? How do you celebrate grace when your life turns out differently than the one you dreamed? Kara Tippetts discovered how to find joy in the small moments of life. She learned how to hold tight to hope even while battling intense physical and emotional pain. And she lived out the truth that God can redeem any story. In her final book, Kara offers gentle reflections on living and dying well. She invites us to cultivate soft hearts even when we face great disappointment. Her ideas for living are hard-won, wrestled with in the crucible of family, illness, and faith. And her constant reminder is that whether we are in the midst of dark days or mundane moments Jesus is always there, life is surprisingly beautiful, and God is forever good.
Review: Breathtaking, Magical, and Heartwarming all in one. Read with a whole box of tissues!!! I own her other two book and they are now on my must read list. Oh how wonderful and awful the events of life. A great gift to die being able to say goodbye and yet so awfully sad to loose this wonderful soul who has taught much to the church in such a short time. I want to live an ordinary life that touches lives like Kara and her family. What a tremendous role model. I have read a similar theme, but that was not autobiographical. This was more personal, more of soul kiss. I cried as the book progressed. Thank to the family and friends of the Tippetts for gifting me with insights that will last forever. Life has never seemed more real than through Kara’s eyes.


I would like to thank Net Galley and David C Cook for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment