Thursday, April 7, 2016

Raiders of the Lost Bark was Not Lost on Me!!

Raiders of the Lost Bark
Sparkle Abbey




Book Summary: Mel's enemy may be barking up the wrong tree . . . But someone is about to become a killer. Melinda Langston, amateur sleuth and Bow Wow Boutique owner, finds herself "Glamping Under the Stars" with a blackmailer, Orange County's hottest new gourmet pet chef, Addison Rae. But before Mel can put an end to Addison's strong-arming, the chef is found dead. Mel is just one of many suspects who had motive to snuff out the demanding chef. Was it Redmond, the angry sous chef who detested working for Addison? What about rival chef, Pepper Maddox? The glamping chef gig was hers until Addison blackmailed her way into the job. And then there's Asher, a charming fellow camper whose past relationship with Addison isn't the only secret he's guarding. Mel's not one to tuck tail and run, even when it looks like she may be the next victim.

Review: I once again enjoyed this series. I was glued to the book from the start. I will admit that I have missed some of the book since Kitty Kitty Bang Bang, and I was sad that Mel and Grey broke up. I now have to read all the books just to get caught up. I find the stories to have enough suspense to go along with the interactions of Mel and Betty. I always enjoy how the story flows and is easy to read. The characters are well developed and well written. I find that the story line is not gory and there is little cursing. I love how the characters interact and the writing is smooth. Each time I read one of the books the more I like the series. I also believe, since I have done it, that you can jump into the middle of the series without missing a beat.

I would like to thank Net Galley and Bell Bridge Books for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment