Tuesday, October 13, 2015

All is Calm, All is Bright will Add a Bang to the Holidays!!

All is Calm, All is Bright
Colleen Coble




Book Summary: All Is Calm
It’s going to be an unexpectedly romantic Christmas at Bluebird Ranch. Brendan Waddell has always considered Bluebird Ranch a little piece of heaven: an idyllic ranch that pairs abused children with abused horses, run by one of his Marine buddies. Now, it seems just the place to spend Christmas recovering from an on-the-job injury. Lauren Everman first came to the ranch as a foster kid, but now knows it’s the perfect hideout. As the witness to a murder, Lauren needs somewhere to lie low. Her beauty immediately catches Brendan’s attention—but so does her secretive behavior. This Special Ops Intel man knows a woman on the run when he sees one. Can he trust her, or is she putting the ranch at risk? One thing is certain: he’s going to do everything he can to keep her safe so he can see what magic Christmas brings.

All Is Bright
A romantic Christmas wedding at Tidewater Inn gives Delilah’s unique gifts a chance to shine. But will her light be snuffed out before the bride and groom say “I do”? As manager of the Tidewater Inn, Delilah Carter has been planning a spectacular Christmas wedding for her friend, Elin Summerall. But when Delilah’s car is forced off the road and into the ocean, she finally has to admit that the strange phone calls she’s been receiving lately may be more than just pranks. Sheriff Tom Bourne has always had a soft spot for Delilah, and he’s determined to protect her. He hopes to win her heart by giving her the surprise gift of a lifetime . . . but first he has to make sure nothing happens to her before Christmas Day. It’s the season of miracles. But will both Elin and Delilah get the ones they need this holiday season?


Review: All is Calm - A great story about the Lonestar state. I thought originally it was going to be a historical book, but was pleasantly surprised it was modern day. I liked Lauren a lot. The added bonus of Carly and the animals was pleasant. The lead character in most novels have some friends so it was nice that Lauren did too. I was not as sold on Brendan as much. I liked him, but I was not over the moon for him, personally. I do not thing that there was anything in the story to make that so. I just found him to be too good. The mystery was a real thriller. I love a mystery that is involved. Between Lauren’s cousin and her wimpy husband I found that part to be fun. The unravelling of the mystery was the most suspenseful and how it was woven into more of the story than anticipated. A definite story to remember.

All is Bright - I like this story the best. It seems to me that some of these novellas put together get better and better or the 2nd story can’t beat the first. This time I read them in reverse order and loved the second best. Delilah was great. She had a lot of challenges and made no fuss over them. Tom was believable and wonderful all in one. I just loved the story and the stalker was a surprise. Not one I would have guessed. The clues were so small that reading the other books, which I did, should have helped me but I missed it.

Both stories were fantastic and fun to read. I am so glad I had the opportunity to do so. I would like to thank Net Galley and Thomas Nelson for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment