Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Promise to Protect was Pulse Pounding!

A Promise to Protect
Patricia Bradley




Book Summary: Acting Sheriff Ben Logan hasn't heard from Leigh Somerall in a very long time, but it doesn't mean he can get her--or their whirlwind romance of ten years ago--out of his head. When she calls out of the blue, it is with a strange request to protect her brother, Tony. When Tony dies just days later, Ben is charged with a different task--protecting Leigh and her nine-year-old son, TJ, from the killers. But how can Ben keep an eye on Leigh if she's doing everything in her power to avoid him? And could the secret that Leigh is keeping change Ben's life forever? Suspense, intrigue, and a touch of romance make A Promise to Protect perfect for readers who like their stories with a hearty dose of mystery.

Review: The story was electric with the who did it! I liked Ben from the first book. There were times when I did not care for Leigh or Ben. Thankfully as the book progressed they grew on me. I think the mystery was exciting a good standalone book if someone has not read the first in the series. It is not necessary to have read the first book to become engrossed in the story. T.J. is a cut kid and more flexible at times than Leigh. She is determined to keep her secret while bigger intrigue is swirling about them. The who did it kept me on my toes. One person is disclosed early on but the brains behind who murdered Tony is the real suspense. There are many things going on or wrong for Ben but that is the thrill of the suspense. The ending was quick and the book was definitely worth the read! Loved the first book and enjoyed the second in the series. I will definitely be waiting for a third!
I would like to thank Net Galley and Revell for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment