Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Bride

An April Bride
Lenora Worth




Book Summary: A charming wedding novella set in the spring. What will happen when love and wedding plans come together this April? War changes everything . . . even their love. Bride-to-be Stella Carson can't wait to marry her longtime sweetheart Marshall Henderson. But Marshall has been away serving his country and has suffered a head wound. After being diagnosed with post-traumatic disorder, he has distanced himself from Stella, asking her not to visit him in the Washington, D.C. hospital. Marshall returns to Louisiana just four weeks before the wedding, but as the big day draws near, Stella wonders if the man she's loved for most of her life has become someone else. Can true love conquer all for Stella and Marshall? Even the tragedy of war? A year's worth of novellas from twelve inspirational romance authors. Happily ever after guaranteed.

Book Review: I found this to be a good book overall. For me it was sweet and interesting. I liked Stella and Marshall, they were believable and it was easy to empathize with their predicament. The background characters were fun and easy to enjoy them. I enjoyed the overall story line, although the ending was a little too easy. I did not find this to be as fast of a read as the previous but well worth the effort to finish. Really was looking forward to an elaborate ending and it seemed to be much more simple than that. I believe that was my expectation and not in any way something that the author set up.
The tension built as the story was drawing to the end and I wanted fireworks. Sometimes simple and sweet last longer.

I would like to thank Net Galley and Zondervan Fiction for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment