Thursday, April 18, 2013

Better than Expected!

Seattle Cinderella

Gail Sattler





Book Description: A modern Cinderella and her cohorts are enchanted by love in Seattle. Cindy is forced into running her late father’s muffler shop and employing horrid step-sisters, Annie and Zella. Can she garner the emotional energy needed to protect her heart against Luke’s princely charms? Annie Wilson’s past misdeeds have tarnished her reputation. Can she prove to herself and Brent that she’s a changed woman? Zella is busy writing her own life story. Will it involve murder or romance? Farrah, Cindy’s godmother, has caught a younger man’s eye. How long can she deter his advances? Will God make these couples’ dreams come true?

Review: Each story was a great stand alone. My biggest problem is that when I think of Cinderella, I am prone to not like the stepsisters. That took some time to deal with the other stories after Cindy. I also struggled at the start to get into the series. But once I did they took off and were enjoyable. I liked the fact that they did not try to gloss over the rocky relationship the girls had. They were quick and easy to read.
I would like to thank Net Galley and Barbour Publishing, Inc. for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment