Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Lot Closer to the Big Reveal!!!

The Search
Shelley Shepard Gray




Back Cover: In the midst of a murder investigation in the heart of Amish country, one young policeman finds his heart led astray. The serenity of the quiet Amish community of Marion, Kentucky, is disrupted when the body of Perry Borntrager is discovered in an abandoned well. Now the small town faces the first death by mysterious circumstances in more than twenty years, and Detective Luke Reynolds is brought in to help investigate. But before he can solve the crime, he faces unexpected feelings for Frannie, the Amish owner of the local bed-and-breakfast. Though they butt heads at first, Luke finds himself drawn to Frannie's bedside when she's injured in a kitchen accident. Soon it becomes clear that Frannie knew Perry better than she let on . . . they'd been secretly courting when he disappeared. Has Luke fallen for the very woman responsible for the crime?

Review: I was looking forward to part two. I racked my brain throughout to figure out who it could possibly be. I think I know and am waiting for the reveal in book 3. I am enjoying the series and the suspense but sometimes think it is too long. I do like all the characters and am finding it hard to choose anyone as the murder. I like how the `mixed’ relationships are not made to be super simple because for each couple has real challenges to face when people have to adjust their religious practices. Even from Baptist to Presbyterian is a challenge for most couples. I liked the ending for the most part. I am hopeful for Beth. I would really like to see wonderful things happen to her. More than anything else I am looking forward to find a resolution to the death of Perry.
I would like to thank Above the Treeline and Avon Books for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment