Tuesday, July 17, 2012

An Amish Story

Leah’s Choice
Emma Miller




Book Summary: Falling for an Englisher. With dreams of marrying an Old Order Amish man, Leah Yoder plans on raising children in the peaceful Delaware community. But when Mennonite missionary Daniel Brown arrives to share his story with their church, Leah is fascinated by him. She spends time with Daniel in a forbidden courtship to learn how she truly feels about him. Before long, Leah has a choice to make. Should she stay with her community...or leave with the man she believes God has placed in her life’s path? Hannah’s Daughters: Seeking love, family and faith in Amish country.


Review: I enjoyed the theme explored in the plot and the subplot. It was an interesting subplot for me more at times than the plot. I guessed the outcome of the subplot and was torn between belief and disbelief in its credibility. I believed the author made a credible attempt to tie all the loose ends together and the grief of the people surrounding it was believable. The main plot had a great struggle that occurred realistically throughout the book. The main point I found most challenging to accept was that Leah had a choice. I understand she is to willingly join the Amish Church, but the pressure that was placed on her must have been tremendous and that was the only soft part of the story. The tension between the two groups was a significant part of the plot and was well done. Overall I did enjoy this book and the series was enjoyable.

I would like to thank Net Galley and Harlequin Love Inspired for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment