Monday, March 5, 2012

A Diner to Visit on Historic RT 66

Double Heart Diner (Route 66 Trilogy)
Annie Jones





It was a little piece of heaven on Route 66. True, the famed Double Heart Diner had seen better days. But it was still such a special place for so many people. And Georgia Darling wasn’t going to let some city-slicker shut it down, no matter how handsome and sweet-talking the stranger might be.
It was a precious piece of land on the Texas panhandle, and it belonged to him. So why was businessman Jett Murphy letting some cute, fiery redhead try to talk him out of bulldozing the entire building? If Miss Darling thought she could beat him when it came to being headstrong...well, maybe he had met his match.
This was a fun book and easy read. I liked the characters which were well developed and likeable. I think that this was just as enjoyable the second time around. There is a cozy feeling despite the route 66 idea of transition and temporary. I was sad when this book came to an end. It made me want to jump in my car and ride along Rt 66 till I found this diner.
I want to thank Net Galley and TKA Distribution for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment