Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Suspenseful Mystery

Echos of Titanic
Mindy Starns Clark & John Campbell Clark





This is a book that goes between two events, past and present, the past is seamlessly immersed in the present story. The identity of which cousin lived through the Titanic is a major theme of the book. In the present there is also a murder that merges with the question concerning the past. The person in the present is the great granddaughter of the woman who survives the Titanic. While complex sounding this story is woven to engross the reader and does so very well.
 I was at the edge of my seat by the end. It was a story with many characters who had motive and means to commit murder. This made for a suspenseful read, even when I figured out the who the pieces of the how & why were slowly coming together. I have enjoyed all of Mindy Starns Clark books and highly recommend this to be a book that will not disappoint new readers and long time fans.
I want to thank Net Galley and Harvest House for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment