Monday, November 28, 2011

Spending Christmas in Amish Country

A Christmas Singing: A Romance from the Heart of Amish Country
Cindy Woodsmall





This is a book about a young woman who was engaged to her best friend. Prior to the story they broke up and Mattie moved to another state. Through  time she has found another suitor that works for her, when another tragedy occurs and this sends Mattie home to recover. This is where she runs into her ex-fiance. Through the community, family and friends she has to rebuild her life and determine if she and Gideon can make peace. This was an enjoyable story with characters from previous stories interlacing the current story. Cindy Woodsmall is an enjoyable writer to read. From the first book I picked up I was hooked. The characters were well developed, the Amish lifestyle was a minor part of the story, and yet they flowed well together. Overall it was an enjoyable book and I am waiting for more stories about this community.
I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for the purpose of review. I was not required to write a positive review and all opinions are my own.  I am thankful to them for this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment