Monday, April 8, 2013

Finally the Author I have been waiting to read!!!!

Depression

Margaret Ashmore





Publishers Summary:The periods of depression that we all share can range from having a bad day to grieving the loss of a loved one. Our fallen world harbors a broad spectrum of suffering that, while never the same for each individual, has always been part of the human condition.
Yet Margaret Ashmore reminds us that however difficult our circumstances, they cannot determine whether our lives are ruled by joy or by depression . . . the choices we make in light of those circumstances do. She lays before us a set of godly choices we can make in our own “dark night of the soul” to seek God’s freedom from our dominating depression.

Review: I have waited years for Margaret Ashmore to write a book! I was so excited that I read it quickly. She writes the same way she teaches with honesty and good solid Biblical principles that are truly a blessing!!! It was truly a blessing to come to understand a more Biblical view of depression. The most memorable thing to me was something her father said, ‘I knew the sun would come up in the morning.’ and the idea of fighting depression rather than surrendering to it. It goes on from there with little gems of truth and wisdom that I believe the Lord has richly blessed Margaret with. I look forward to other books from her. I hope she does not keep me waiting another 10 years!
I would like to thank Net Galley and P & R Publishing for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment